Sunday, September 4, 2011

Checkin' In

Checkin' in with a few things I wanted to share with you.

  • I never showed you pics from Malachi's first haircut (they were taken on my phone and I only recently got them onto the computer) he was only 5 months old!


  • David didn't have a chance to work on the children's play kitchen this week, but we were given stove knobs from friends who replaced their stove and a faucet from friends who own an apartment block and had dud taps in their scrap bin. Great finds for their kitchen.
  • I've joined the party a little late, but one week in and I'm loving it so far!
  • I sewed a new bag - inspired by this (found on Pinterest)... I just made it up as I went along. It's my first zipper closed bag and though I'd change a few things, it's working just fine.


  • PSLs are coming to Winnipeg this Friday - I asked David to stop in on his way home from work to get us some. Calgary has been enjoying theirs since Tuesday.
  • we're fighting fall colds, baby is teething and dolly is potty training, so it's been a challenging week at home. It was SOOOO good to be in church this morning!!!!
  • we checked off more of our summer list and since it's September, I think we'll do a wrap up post next. We've decided that we want to do a winter fun list, too.
  • It's time to book family pictures - it will be our first since Malachi joined the Gingras clan.
  • I'm loving the fall weather and can't wait to pack away our window air conditioners so that we can open the windows again.
  • Our parenting class is officially done now, though it feels like we just started on the work. It was a great course and so encouraging to be with other families who are like minded and going through some of the same challenges as we are.
  • I miss my David. Two days a week just aren't enough!
  • There's still time to donate to Maggie's Walk for the Smile Train

No comments: