In case you're not on facebook or you're not sure what exactly is "coming soon", a new little Gingras is on the way. Baby's appearance will be around June 4, 2012.
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Thursday, October 20, 2011
*sigh* I am tired today, but I have some spare time and thought I'd send a little love out to you all. Let's get to it!
- We did indeed go to the pumpkin cart on the road to Lockport last week and picked up some pumpkins. Abby picked out one for her and one for Malachi and has been carting tiny pumpkins all over the house. She's quite proud of them and would happily go back for the rest of them. True story.
- It's official: Abigail is potty trained! That was a long painful journey, but we all made it. Her rewards included a Papa/daughter movie date and new Strawberry Shortcake panties. Big deal in the Gingras house!
- Yesterday, Malachi turned 11 months old and tomorrow Abigail will be 3 months away from her 3rd birthday. Looooong days, short years!
- David and I had a painting date yesterday and the play kitchen is looking so great. I've decided that I'm not going to show you any more in progress pictures because it will make the reveal that much more exciting. We have another painting date booked for next week and we're almost finished.
- I'm recovering from the stomach flu and haven't touched my Christmas projects in over a week and a half. I really need to get to them, but I am having a hard time getting into the swing of it again. I can't afford to leave it too long, there are a whole bunch of them.
- I am also in the process of planning two birthday parties for next month. David is turning 35 and Malachi will be 1. Thankfully, Malachi won't remember his birthday and I can keep it super simple.
- Do you have a Mac? Well, my toddler spent a long time in front of photobooth this morning. She especially loves the mirror effect. I keep forgetting the entertaining features of this and really appreciated how occupied dolly was for awhile.
- I whipped out the winter coat yesterday. It was cold. It is October and I don't really mind.
Friday, October 7, 2011
Well today feels like fall for I think the first time. There's a cool breeze and it's cloudy and delicious! Don't get me wrong, I'm blessed by the amazingly hot fall (record breaking, actually) just like the next person, but we packed our air conditioners away two weeks ago and we've been frying in here. The sad thing about all this wind is that the trees are almost bare already. Glad we had family pics early in the week. Well, lets get to it!
- I whipped up Malachi's new chair panel - I think it's quite adorable. I used one of David's old shirts again and it worked great!
- Dolly has been running around in skirts, touques and rubber boots again. I love it!
- Christmas projects are well under way here and I hate not sharing, but you'll get to see them all after the holidays. I am having a lot of fun with them all. I have been listening to Christmas music for more than a month already. We have 3.2 days worth of Christmas music or 1334 songs (thanks, Itunes for that useful information)
- We've been enjoying this site. My mom bought a membership and it's been so great having access to Hallmark Hall of Fame movies. Our family favourite so far has to be A Dog Named Christmas.
- Phew! feeling tired today. Confession time: when Malachi had his nap, I turned on a movie for Abby and I napped on the couch. Apparently it's a good time to ask Mama for another one, too. I do feel a lot better, but man, I could sleep for days. Malachi is still not sleeping through the night, though I feel like we might be getting there. Side note: I have to brag on my husband for a minute. Malachi is no longer nursing. I will spare you the details here, but what a pain it is to make a bottle and heat it in the middle of the night! David said to me last week. "Now that Malachi isn't nursing, why don't I get up with him once in the night." Seriously, isn't he great?!?! He takes the first wake up, which is sometime anywhere from 1:30-3:00 am. I am so blessed! I am hoping that baby sleeps through the night before we go to Alberta at Christmas time.
- I miss reading. I think it's because it's fall, but I miss having hours to kill reading. *sigh*
- Abby asked if we could go get pumpkins next week. It's a great idea! We'll go on our weekend to the pumpkin cart on the road to Lockport and maybe drive all the way and get onion rings from the Half Moon Drive-In... yummy.
- Malachi is getting brave and taking a few steps. I took him out to the apartment hallway to practise with Abby's shopping cart. Can't believe how quickly he's grown. He's had his third haircut already, too. (after this picture was taken)