Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Date Night


For quite some time now, we've been redeeming our Airmiles for date nights. Up until this point it's been for movie tickets, but recently David ordered tickets to the Goldeyes game. We both really enjoy baseball and we often think to ourselves "Why don't we do this more often?" We even talked about looking into seasons tickets down the road. Last night was Luau night and concluded with fireworks. Now any of you who know David, know that he LOVES fireworks! So, for David and Coralee, this was the perfect date night. In the second inning, David turned to me and said "I hope we get to see a home run." Not ten minutes later - whamo! In the second inning! We were thrilled - there were 8 home runs in the game (7 Goldeyes - 1 Jackhammers). It was a super fun game to watch.

I was quite enjoying all the children around us. I kept imagining bringing Abigail and any other children we'll be blessed with to a game. It's a great family outing. Of course, it was a great night to have a babysitter, too. I did pretty good, by the way. Abigail has a cold and I knew she'd be a bit cranky for our friend, but I wasn't obsessively worrying all evening. I only talked about her a little bit. Not bad.


I wish we would've thought to take a picture of the scoreboard at the end of the game - the Goldeyes killed! (13-1) Oh, and see that "reaching higher" sign? It would have been 9 home runs, but one ball just nicked this sign and so it ended up being a single. Oh well!


As you can see, we had great seats, especially for freebies! 2nd row. We watched the away team warming up right in front of us. Crazy stretching happened!

No comments: