Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy spring!

I am thoroughly enjoying the spring weather here. We've had sun, rain, cloud and even snow and it's been great. The ground snow is completely melted here and the sun is so warm and inviting. My favourite week of spring is yet to come, though. I love the week after the streets and meridians have been swept. That's the week when the green grass starts to poke through and there is a clean fresh feeling. It shouldn't be too long now!

I recently hosted my own birthday party. I had so much fun planning and executing all the lovely little details that I forgot to take any pictures.... boooo! I created a home, do-it-yourself spa experience. I had seven girlfriends over and we had a beautifully relaxing and enjoyable evening. Some of my favourite reactions were "it smells like a spa in here." and "oh, I feel soooo relaxed!" and "how often do you have a birthday?" I did a bit of crafting for the party and will try to get some pictures of what I made, but for now, enjoy my spring scene on my tree branch.



In the midst of planning for my party, I've also had a bit of sewing time. Here's another no. 10 charming tote bag in Amy Butler's LOVE fabric. I think it's incredibly cute, though I'm not sure that I'll be keeping it. I'm considering selling it. Not because I don't love it, but I'm not sure I need another clutch size bag.



I haven't forgotten about my birthday giveaway. I have some fun things to share, and will post that on my actual birth day. Hope you have a great weekend and resurrection celebrations!

2 comments:

LLG said...

CUTE BAG!

Evelyn in Canada said...

You are getting a lot of use out of that purse pattern! I've got a similar bag cut out, but I haven't gotten around to starting the sewing and I definitely don't have your eye for color and pattern. Mine will be very plain jane.