Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Handmade Goodness

I can hardly believe it's already the end of June! Seriously, where did the month go? I have been remiss in showing off some lovely gifts made for me and my littles. This does not reflect how I feel about them, just the busyness of life right now. So, let me show you some loveliness!

My Mom made both Malachi and Micah blankets (Abby's had hers for quite some time). The top one is Malachi's and the bottom one is Micah's. They're about the size of a crib mattress which makes them perfect to grow with for quite awhile. They're so soft and plushy! Malachi instantly sat on his saying, "oh, wow!" Micah sleeps on top of his right now, it makes for a soft bed. 



Mrs. Wendy made Micah this lovely receiving blanket. It's soft flannel and the lace is a nice non-itchy kind. This blanket is bigger than your average store bought receiving blankets which is great.


This pile of goodness is chocolate mint lip balm! I pinned a recipe for this on Pinterest and only half seriously asked if anyone would make me some. My friend, Jenni, wrote back saying that she would! Awesome! Imagine my surprise when my package arrived with not one, but eight containers! Oh, and it's so yummy and super soft feeling! Love it!


I obviously haven't had much craft time this month, but I did start a project that I hope to finish in the next couple of days. This is the fabric that I got with my gift certificate and with the help of my David's great math skills, I squeaked out just enough for this project. It's time for me to make a new mei tai for my babies. I've been rocking the same one since Abby was a baby. It was my first one and quite rough in construction. I'm liking how this one is turning out so far. 


Finally this little project I "whipped up" for a birthday boy. Considering how many craft sittings it took to actually finish the project I can't truly say I whipped it up, but if you have uninterrupted time this is a quick project. This is recycled magnets turned into alphabet magnets. Abby has declared that she would like some, too. I was given a whole stack of magnets that were for a company advertisement and this is the first thing I've tried with them. They turned out okay, though not as "wow" as I had hoped. You can find a tutorial for the basic concept here.




1 comment:

Andrea Johannson said...

Love it ALL!!! What GREAT friends to give you such thoughtful gifts!