Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Checkin' In From the New House!!!

Phew! I feel like I'm just now catching my breath. Here's my check in for now:

  • My Abigail turned 3 years old! We had a mini celebration on her special day, but planned to have a party for her in our new home. She did get a special cupcake (for breakfast) and she got to open her present from Grandma and Grandpa... a Jessie doll to add to her Toy Story collection.


  • We've moved! There were some hiccups and so, we're still settling in, but I'm so happy to be here! I wake up in the morning thinking to myself "I get to live here!". I love it! Our door is on the right and opens to the stairs to go up to our home. We occupy the entire top floor. Oh, and random fact for you, it's been a really looooong time since I haven't had shared wall neighbours. I have a window in every room of my house! Woo hoo!

  • Last week, three days in a row, we woke up to hoar frost. We have these great trees out front of the house and I'm captivated by our pretty street view. No more crazy traffic like we had in our old apartment. We were often awakened by accidents on the corner of Panet and Reenders, not to mention the constant sirens. 




  • For the first few days, we didn't have the children's toys accessible, I gave up fighting and just let the littles play in the cupboard. They're "locked" now with elastics, but it was a good distraction for awhile.



  • Both of our littles have been sick. Ugh! Abigail was in emergency one night and then Malachi in the doctor's office the next day. My children are amazing in public and waited so patiently (for the most part - though it got so late they both hit a bit of meltdown). Here they are watching Río on the iPad. Soooo thankful for the iPad these days! Both are recovering, though Malachi still sounds terrible.

  • Abby has been fascinated with pictures lately and often asks for her picture to be taken. Here she is with her kitchen in our new kitchen. The sink is still packed somewhere.

  • I was pleasantly surprised by this delivery on Saturday. My David pre-ordered flowers to come to our new home for me. Such a timely blessing during an especially trying week. Aren't they gorgeous?! They also came with chocolates. My man knows how to bless me! Can you believe the guys at work gave him a hard time for sending flowers 9 days away from Valentines Day?! It's obvious why they aren't married!


  • House tour will be posted, when I feel more settled. We had to post pone Abigail's party another week because of sickness and honestly, that just gives me more time to get my house in order. I had hoped to decorate and there was no way it was going to be done last week.



3 comments:

Donna Dawe said...

You can hear in your writing that you are feeling so much more at peace in this new place. It won't take long and you will make it yours.

Jen said...

Love it! & so happy for you guys!

Happy Birthday Princess Abby!

Jenny said...

Love you Coralee. Many pleasant days await you. Just think, this is the home where you will be chasing after 3 littles!

Jenny