- We finally celebrated Abby's birthday. We made rainbow cupcakes
(inspired from Pinterest)...
- and a rainbow balloon banner
- Abby and I made some Valentine art
(also inspired from Pinterest no specific link to show you, there's lots)
- There's been some great Valentine clothing online, too. I had to do these for the littles. Abby's dress tutorial found here. Inspiration for Malachi's shirt found here.
- I have a problem of putting tiny little holes in the bottom of my t-shirts, this was cleverly disguised with reverse applique hearts - pretty appropriate for a maternity Valentines shirt. Sorry, not modelled for you, perhaps after I get a haircut and some pants that fit me properly. Grrr! Why do all maternity stores assume that all pregnant women are the same shape and size?!
- I've enjoyed some creative time this week. It felt good to be sewing again, though I do find it a challenge to be interrupted constantly by my children. I am task oriented and would like to start and finish a task without interruptions, but I am learning to accept this for now. It's part of being a mom.
- My David told me this week he has already made reservations for our anniversary date in August. I am so impressed by how much thought he's already put into this special occassion. I can't wait to try out this restaurant!
- We are slowly settling in. This week's goal, to get our children in separate bedrooms. Malachi still gets up in the night and it's time for some sleep training. I would also like to get some pictures up on the walls. Abby has stopped asking when we're moving into our new home, so I guess that's a good sign.
- I have some green shoots from my Hyacinth bulbs! Hopefully, we'll see flowers before the end of the month.
- Abby and I had some good fights last week and I realized that we need to go on a TV/movie fast. Abby hasn't watched anything for 6 days and I've already noticed that she is beginning to listen better and play better again. It's also helped my mama guilt level go down. *sigh* Maybe I'll get this parenting thing figured out yet.
- Well, I have "Mt. Washmore"(party dishes) to take care of in the kitchen. Better get to it.