- backyard campout - thanks to our friends, the McQuades, for hosting us so nicely in their backyard and for supplying the equipment!
- wiener roast - a double cross off since we did this at our campout
- Anniversary date - we kept it simple this year, but it included dinner out, a nice long drive and a rock hunt (more about that later).
- thrift store shopping - specifically for supplies for a play kitchen we're building inspired by this buld-a-long blog series (more on this later).
- fireworks! - this wasn't actually on our list, but we've decided that it should've been and will be every summer. Ever since Canada Day, Abigail has asked to go see fireworks. We surprised her one night by waking the children up and taking them to see the fireworks that were shot after the Goldeyes baseball game. This has become a favourite Gingras family adventure.
- midnight 7-eleven run - we stopped in for treats on our way home from seeing the fireworks. It wasn't quite midnight, but to Dolly it probably seemed like it.
- build a sandcastle - Malachi "crossed" this one off our list (well, not really, but he played in the sand for the first time, so we called it done!
- Tinkertown! - Abigail was quite impressed with this one, as we all were. Even Malachi seemed amused by watching the rides go round. I think we picked the hottest day of the summer to go, but we stayed hydrated and in the shade whenever possible. Both children were such troopers for missing nap times and we all had fun.
Believe it or not, this was one of Abigail's favourite rides - she's our little thrill seeker!