Monday, August 15, 2011

Dress and Sweater Re-fashion

(excuse the dumb expression on my face)

I get a lot of compliments on my sewing. What people automatically assume is that I sew clothes. Although flattering, this hasn't been the case. I am not confident in this area, I think mostly because of sizing. In any case, I wanted to try some re-fahion type of clothing sewing. I figure all I have to lose is time. The first thing I did was turn my too-big skirt into a dress. I needed to make adjustments as I went, but in the end I made something that I'm not too embarrassed to wear in public.


Then I decided to turn a pull over sweater into a 3/4 length sleeve cardigan. Wool is not summer friendly, but it looked cute and I'm sure that I'll get a lot of wear out of this one. I googled cardigan re-fashion and read several blog entries on how to do it. I didn't really follow any one of them specifically, but I'm glad I researched it. I like how it turned out.


2 comments:

Carmen said...

You are SO talented!

Kirsty said...

You are amazing and you looked stunning in the dress on Sunday!!!!