Saturday, March 5, 2011

Living Room/Dining Room Re-decorating

Well, it's not finished, but here are some pictures of our work in progress. I am really beginning to love my home. I am learning to be content in my situation and not buck at it. That's a great feeling, too.
"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation... I can do all this through him who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:12
Chocolate Wall, new picture frames (it looks a little off balance yet as we'll be adding more frames as we can afford them), borrowed chair (that I just might have to forget to give back) and tie backs for the curtains. It's amazing what the little things can do.

 Crosses moved from the front hallway to a more focal point in the house
and to make room for a new mirror.

 Into the dining area... will be adding more black and white pics of Venice as we can afford them. Why Venice? Why not?

 Added a new entertainment stand, moved the bookshelves and added
uplighting behind the TV (not lit in this picture)

 Abby's toy/book cabinet, with the media shelves beside (currently with children's DVDs and CDs on it). This is my nursing corner at the moment, hence the pillow, baby blanket and diaper bag.

 Our new mirror... it was a great price and an adventure to get it home
(ask me about it sometime).

Well, that's a great start, don't you think? 

3 comments:

Jen said...

Coralee - it looks absolutely lovely! Very 'ikea'! I would love to have your sense of style on a budget. You may actually inspire me to paint myself.

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

Love love LOVE that chocolate wall! Well Done!

Evelyn in Canada said...

The whole apartment looks great from what I can see. You can make anything a home as long as you stop dreaming of other places and put things on hold until then. Love the space you're in.