Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I QUIT! ...Scrapbooking that is

I was a scrapbooker. I started scrapbooking before it was even called that. It began in elementary school (grade 5 to be precise) and yesterday I decided that I'm not going to scrapbook anymore. Why? I discovered the joy of photo books and a great company called Shutterfly.


I first tried a photo-book for our anniversary in August. I spent hours online here and ordered a book and waited. Well, it came in good time, but the quality was terrible. I was so disappointed. They did refund my money, and for that I was grateful, but all the time I put into it was gone. I was leery about trying another one, but then I read Michelle's review on Shutterfly and thought I'd give it another go. It was a week and a half before Christmas and the advertising guaranteed on time delivery for Christmas, so I ordered an 8" x 8" padded hard cover photo-book of our wedding for David. I'll spare you all the details, but I just got it yesterday. I had to contact the company and tell them that I never received the book and they shipped another one out right away.

The funny thing is, that I received both yesterday... the missing one and the new one. The result... I love it! It turned out great. Some of our pictures aren't the best quality, but then they were taken in a dark auditorium and then lightened up at the developing place (back in the day of 35 mm film). I went with the 8" x 8" for that very reason. The base book comes with 20 pages, I purchased 2 extra in this book.

Anyway, there are already half a dozen more books I want to make and I'm considering selling off my scrapbooking supplies to fund the photo-books. As far as cost is concerned, the photo-books are way cheaper per album, plus you spend way less time on them. As far as scrapbooking is concerned, I am happy to say it, "I Quit!"





 

No comments: