Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fun with iron on transfers

Remember the Love Winnipeg t-shirt I made for Abigail? Well, I had so much fun with the iron on transfers, that I knew it wouldn't be long before I had to make more. The perfect project came to me yesterday. I wanted my David to know that we (Abby and I) are in his corner - we're his cheering section. I designed some fun shirts to show our support. I think they turned out pretty cute!



Abby's shirt I found in the boys department in Wal Mart (for some reason you can't find plain shirts in the girls department). To make the logo, I dragged a superman logo into my print program and placed lines overtop to get the right shape then deleted the logo. "D" for daddy, though it would work for David, too. 

My shirt I also purchased at Wal Mart. I was going to put the picture on the chest of the shirt, but then I realized that it would land right where I don't want people staring, so I thought of other places to put it. It seems like there are a lot of shirts with the print on the side and thought I'd give it a try. I actually think it works great with the way the face is cut off, it looks like she's peeking over my shirt edge. Can you see David's face in the thought bubble? He really is my superhero, here on earth anyway!

1 comment:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

AWESOME! Awesome! 3 cheers for you, cheering him on!!! I noticed the shirt on you yesturday - but didn't know YOU DID IT! LOve the placement too!