Picking up where I left off, I finished the bag (with a few flaws, due to my impatience in putting it together). Then I decided that the strap I cut out wasn't as coordinating as I liked. Back to my scrap pile. Cut out and iron strap number two. I was almost finished with it, when I thought to check and see if it would fit over David's wrist. NOPE. Cut out and iron strap number three. The original tutorial used thin elastic cord, I didn't have any, but reasoned that I could use a hair elastic (I use these in lots of things for closures and they work great). I just about had strap number three finished when I realized that the hair elastic would probably too thick to feed through the tiny little slot on the camera where it goes. Sure enough, it was too big. Grrr! Now what? Well, this is when I took it to David for his advice. He's so logical and is often the fixer of my dilemmas. His solution, just use the new strap like a slip cover instead of a replacement. It worked so great. I just slipped the original wrist strap into the cover and sewed it in nice and tight. So without further ado, my new camera strap:
As the original blogger noted, it's very difficult to take a picture of your own camera, so I too, grabbed a mirror. Nothing spectacular, but it makes me smile and I think everything needs a little embellishment. For those of you who had to wait for a long time to receive a promised crafted item, now you can see why. And for those of you who are wondering if I get anything useful finished, Yes, I do. I just happen to enjoy the craziness of my crafting process and do not push myself to stick to an original plan. This often results in something off plan and fabulous!