Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This Week In Winnipeg

It's November 25th and still no snow - that's crazy for Winnipeg! We did get a couple of previews, but nothing has stuck so far. We are planning on decorating this upcoming weekend and it just feels weird without snow. It will come soon enough and last longer than anyone wants, so for now, just enjoy! (I wonder if I could convince David to do first day snowfall chinese food again?)

On the crafty front, here's the finished scarf and a matching beret... though, I'm aware that it doesn't suit me. That's okay - it was fun to try. The scarf is simply a double crochet base with an increasing single crochet ruffle.  It's really quite long though you can't tell from the picture. It's cheapy yarn, so not very soft, but I love how it turned out. The beret is from this tutorial - though I used a smaller hook and added one extra row of increase to compensate.



David and I got to go out on a double date last night and it was so great. October was a bit of a crazy month and we didn't get  a sitter for date night the whole month, so we were blessed to enjoy the night out. We went to see A Christmas Carol in digital 3D and WOW, it was stunning! The story was bang on with the book, right down to some direct dialogue quotes. Of course, I wouldn't recommend the movie for children, but face it, if you know the story you wouldn't be quick to take your kids without a preview. 3D has come a long way since I was a little child and it was so real, you had to reach out and try to catch the falling snow.




David and I whipped up three more puzzles since last week, too. (two of them were only 100 pieces and then a 500 piece puzzle which was really quite a challenge for me).



and lastly, I just had an un-nerving telephone experience. I got one of those phone calls where you are asked a lot of personal financial information with no way to authenticate the validity of the company/person calling. I won't go into all the details, except to say that I had this company representative on my landline and the credit card emergency guy on my cell phone and my Abigail screaming in the background and it was a tense half and hour! I have a new credit card coming in the mail, my old one blocked and I finally just hung up on the other guy. I changed a dirty diaper while cradling my cell phone (on hold) and prayed for the peace of God to wash over all this mess. Thank God, all is well and there is peace in my spirit. Some days, I wish I just didn't answer my phone.

1 comment:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

Look at you ! You're a PRO! Great Work!