- Here's the view outside my kitchen window. This is our first fall in our house and I love being surrounded by trees and watching them change colours.
- Last weekend we took a nice drive out to Lockport. We stopped at the Captain Kennedy House (didn't go for tea as we decided to save that for a date adventure instead of a family adventure) and walked around the gardens there. They are beautiful.
- My David bought me a whole wack of jars for our tea collection. I love the result. I'll show you more pictures and tell you all the details soon.
- One of my personal challenges in motherhood is teaching my children how to help and then letting them. This takes way more time and isn't exactly helpful... yet. I keep working at it, after all aren't we all works in progress? I stopped in the midst of the helping one day to take this picture. As I learn and grow in my role as a mother, I'll learn to appreciate this more.
- After showing you my latest wallets, a friend commented on facebook that she loved the wallet that I had made for her, too. I didn't even remember making her one at first. I thought it would be a fun trip down my sewing memory lane and show you the wallets I've made. I don't think they are all here, but this is a good representation.
|I sewed this style many times, but was never quite happy with how insecure the cards felt.|
|I switched to clutch wallets and though I am still tweaking little things, I'm much happier with these.|
- In case you're wondering, my David is loving his new job. We as a family are especially loving having him home at the same time everyday (well, except for the monthly staff meeting), and every weekend off together.
- Here's a typically conversation with my Dolly these days:
Dolly: Why don't you like Wow Wow Wubzie? (a really stupid tv show)
Me: Well, it's just a little sillier than I like.
Dolly: Well, you need to get $8 and get a van and drive far far away and go tell Wow Wow Wubzie, "stop being so silly".
- Check out these cool gourds that David bought for me to decorate our fall table with.