Saturday, December 26, 2009

We Interrupt these Christmas posts...

I was reminded that I still haven't posted about Abigail's trunk! My sister generously handed down this family heirloom to my daughter and my parents shipped it from Edmonton and all of them filled it!


(this is me excitedly waiting to open the trunk)


( Abigail's trunk with Betty's on top)
(balloons left over from David's birthday)

I was so busy unpacking the goodies, that I don't have a lot of pictures, but I can certainly tell you what was in it! First of all, have I told you that my family has been collecting costumes for Abby's future tickle trunk? The trunk is full of costumes and accessories! What a treasure, indeed! Anyway, in the trunk was some great costumes including a gorilla suit, a baby lamb, a magician's cape and hat and several fun hats including a cowboy hat that belonged to Abigail's cousin, Ethan. So much fun. Also in the trunk was a smaller steamer trunk, which my dad picked up for me at a garage sale. I'm thinking that it will be Betty Bunny's tickle trunk (Abigail's stuffed bunny from Grandma Ang). Betty already has several outfits and accessories herself.




Did you see the fabric that I made Abigail's pj's and shirt out of? Well, my sister sent yards and yards of it! I squealed with delight and immediately made a list of things (in my head) of what I want to make with it. I've made a few things for Abigail, but I have a pattern for me that I think I want to try next.

Then there was old cassette tapes that we will convert to DVD when we get the technology, including a recording of me and my sister at the ages of 5 and 3 years old. There were also some other great memories included like my mom's tambourine (all three of us learned tambourine years ago). Abigail is going to love that! This post is a long time over due and with it my public gratitude. My appologies! I am so grateful and we are looking forward to all the imaginings that will take place in Abby's bedroom!


1 comment:

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

Oh so gorgeous! Everyone should have a Betty Bunny Tickly Trunk! - you are so cute Abi!