I used this tutorial to calculate the fabric I would need for boxed corners. It worked great. I kind of made up the rest as I went, re~creating features from the pictures I found on Pinterest. It's really fun creating free~style. I'm especially happy with the fact that it came out like I pictured it.
The Bible fits perfectly and my journal fits, too. I didn't plan for that, but it's a happy surprise.
I put a zipper pocket on the back to hold pens etc. and tail feathers...I had to do it.
I had this strap that I salvaged from a thrift store wallet. It is the perfect length!
Now my Bible is snug as a bug, protected enough that I can "toss" it into the diaper bag and go. It's a bit juvenile, Abby has already asked me to make her one and Malachi had to bring me his Winston to match, but I'm okay with that. I'll grow up... someday.
P.S. I have owls on the brain and I think I have another little project that I may have to try.