Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Checking In

Well, we survived our trip and our re-entering into "regular" life. Our littles did great on the trip and so did our little Lady Blue. We're very blessed. Let's get to it!

  • Great news! I finally can share it publicly that my David it starting a new job! He will be an Education Assistant at the King's School. We're very happy about it and I know he'll be a great fit for the job. He starts on September 4
  • More great news! I got the whole licence thing worked out. It was a long drawn out process, but now I have my learners and as soon as I've had enough practice, I'll take my road test. Turns out that it's a challenge to get practice time in, but we're getting there.

  • Our sister, Crystal, made a lovely bride and we're happy to welcome Matt to the family! Their wedding was the reason for our recent road trip.

  • Our little flower girl had the time of her life. After dancing the night away with her cousin, Liam, we were leaving the wedding reception and Abby cried "but MOM, he was so handsome!" 

  • Sad news: remember my lovely and new Mei Tai? It's been lost... WAAAAH! It got left behind at the wedding reception and has disappeared. Ugh! I don't have the heart to do another one like it, but it will be replaced... possibly next month.
  • David and I got new cell phones. I didn't think I'd like the ones we got, (I have an iPhone taste on an Android budget) but it turns out that I'm quite enjoying it. It'll just take me a bit of time to learn it all.

  • My Bestie had a beautiful baby boy and honoured us by bringing him into the world before we left on our trip. I am craving for some time with Jenni and hope to have a girl date with her soon!

  • I think it's time to plan handmade Christmas gifts. It takes time and I don't want to be scrambling at the last minute.
  • My David took me on a great Anniversary date. We celebrated 8 years together. He booked our reservations way back in March! I'll be writing a whole post dedicated to the night. It was so great.

  • Summer list has been on the slow side lately. We're re-thinking the whole thing for next year. I'll share it when we have it planned. I'll do a final check in soon.
  • Started (seriously) using the Wii Fit lately. It was a Christmas present from my Sister and nephew, but it's been sadly neglected until now. I'm tired of my baby belly and ill-fitting clothes! We'll see how disciplined I can be. Thankfully, my David is doing it with me and gets me motivated.

Well, I've run out of time. Time to get back to Mama mode. Note to self for next post... 
  1. baby's build-a-bears
  2. a special post card
  3. a sad story with a happy ending
Stay tuned for these stories and more!



No comments: