Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer Baby Blanket

My friend, Patty~Jean made a lovely baby blanket with vintage linens and it inspired me to create this. I didn't have any vintage linens, but I had some scraps, so here it is. I just started putting nine patch squares together without much thought to them, if I had been planning this from scratch I wouldn't have lined up the same colors in between or used orange in more than the centre square. This is just meant to be a light blanket for summer and not anything fancy, so I think it does the trick.


here's the back (I did a strip of squares because I had to piece together enough fabric for the whole back - a happy looking fix)



to answer some good questions: the dimensions are 32"x35" and it took me a couple of hours to make it.

2 comments:

Adventures of Deesa said...

Very nice! What are the dimensions? How long did it take you?
Quite impressive by the way!

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

Gorgeous!!! well done! - and don't i feel tickled pink to have inspired someone else - Thanks for the encouragement! and it's ORANGE - lovely!